Saturday 31 March 2012

B is for Beach Huts

My A-Z Guide to Summer - B is for Beach Huts
 I love the British seaside especially one with Beach Huts, they are so pretty and I love all the different colours. Absolutely stunning on a sunny day.


I took a day trip to Wells-Next-The-Sea to photograph all of the beach huts for a project when I was at college (longer than I care to think about now though), and spent hours in the sunshine shooting them all. And it was so lovely chatting with some of the owners and jaw-dropping at how much some of them sell for!
 
Beach Huts - Embroidery Textile Art Canvas From Gillian Bates Etsy Shop
 I love Gillian Bates  work and these beach hut canvases are a perfect summer pick me up for your walls! So pretty!
Beach Hut Tea Mug from Jam Tart

So cute and perfect for your morning cuppa. You can get the whole set with teapots, bowls and plates to coordinate.

I love working with paper as the basis for my design work and used beautiful red patterned paper to create these beach hut illustrations, I then added detail with an ink pen. I produced a huge A3 sheet full of them and loved the impact it gave. These are just a few of them!



2 comments:

  1. Nice blog. Popped in from the Craft Britannia team. Following your blog as Louise Tullener. Pop in and have a look at mine when you get a chance. You can find me here http://loutul.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Louise. Have followed your blog. Its so lovely to have fellow Craft Britannia Teamies. Hoping to include peoples shops and listings in my blog too

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, would love you to leave a comment xx