|My A-Z Guide to Summer - F is for Fruit|
|Passion Fruit, Mango and Pineapple Smoothie|
- 2 passion fruits , pulp only
- 1 small mango , cut into chunks
- 75g pineapples , cut into chunks
- 75ml pineapples juice
- 1 lime , juice only
- 7 ice cubes
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
- In a blender combine the pulp of 2 passion fruit, 1 small mango cut into chunks, 75g pineapple cut into chunks, 75ml pineapple juice, juice of 1 lime, 7 ice cubes, a pinch of both ground black pepper and cayenne pepper and whizz until smooth. The cayenne pepper gives the smoothie a little bit of a kick but leave it out if you like.
Preparation and cooking timesPrep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 200g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 200g unsalted butter , softened
- 4 eggs
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp milk
- 50g ground almonds
- zest of 1 medium orange
- 150g punnet raspberries , lightly crushed, plus extra to decorate
FOR THE SUGAR CRUST
- juice of 1 medium orange
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Tip the first 8 ingredients into a large bowl and beat with electric whisk until smooth. Fold the crushed raspberries through the batter.
- Divide the batter between the cases (they should be about half full) and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and just firm. Make the topping by mixing together the orange juice and sugar until well blended.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and allow to cool a little. Drizzle each with the orange and sugar crust mix. Top with the extra raspberries to serve.